I want to prove that design doesn’t have to be expensive and that renters can benefit from investing time and a little bit of money into making their homes feel like it reflects them, and supports their needs.
So, I’m setting myself a challenge to work with ONE rental client on a zero-charge basis, located in west Mayo.
What I’m offering:
- Design a room makeover for one space in your home.
- Initial design concept, including colour palette.
- Scaled space plan, to ensure all planned elements will fit while allowing good flow and functionality.
- 3D drawings, to scale, of what the implemented design will look like (useful to get your landlord on board with the planned changes).
- Active support in sourcing anything new you need to acquire to execute the design.
What I need from you:
- An open-minded landlord who you’re confident will support the project.
- A small budget – how much exactly will depend on the space and what is needed. If we can work with a lot of what you’ve got, we’ll only need a budget for paint and some accessories. If we need to source a lot of furniture, we’ll obviously need more in the budget. We’ll discuss this at the outset.
- A commitment to implement the design – painting etc. (I will not be painting your home!)
- A willingness to source second-hand.
- Permission to document the process to inspire more renters to invest in their temporary homes.
If you’re a renter who would like some professional support in making one room in your home more reflective of you, then I’d love to hear from you. Please send an email to email@example.com with RENTAL HOME MAKEOVER in the subject line. Tell me a little about the space in question, a few photos, and why you think you’d be a good match for this challenge.
rental home room makeover